one saw mud but the other saw stars
[html]

Word Count » 301 I have a stupid post for you. Sad Wrap soon? Your post mebbe? We has more interesting things to thread over now. ;D

my road to hell is surely paved

Eris was surprised by the sharpness in Tlanti's voice, and she listened in confusion. Hadn't Baphomet always acted in the interest of his family? She tried to remember, a look of concentration coming across her face as her brows furrowed and her ears dipped to half-mast position. No -- he had been concerned, first and foremost, with the Atototzli, as Tlantli stated. He hadn't mistreated Eris, but she hadn't ever enjoyed his company -- she found his presence to be stifling and overbearing, even if he was not speaking. Proximity to him seemed to induce nervousness in the sable-shaded woman, and she realized she was glad to be rid of him and that sect of the Kimaris family.

She offered Tlantli a weak smile, her ears remaining half-cocked, though now it was a position of sympathy. “I don't know what sins he's committed, but I wasn't too fond of him,” she offered, rolling a shoulder in indifference. He had committed no offense to her personally, though the Kimaris family as a whole set her on edge, perhaps due to their connection with Eterne, a place she could dislike and fear now that she had been ejected from their midst. Tlantli seemed to be the exception to this rule -- the woman did not adhere strictly to the religion, and she did not seem too much like Baphomet -- perhaps by intent or design.

“None of them would have me there,” she added assertively, knowing this to be the truth. She would be killed or enslaved if she wandered too close to Eterne again -- not that she ever planned on making her way back to that part of the world. That part of her life was over, and this place was more like home now than Eterne had ever truly been.

<style>
.eris-road2hell {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.eris-road2hell .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/smrcM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.eris-road2hell .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.eris-road2hell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.eris-road2hell .tagline {font-family:'Over the Rainbow', arial, serif; font-size:18px; padding:55px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.eris-road2hell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.eris-road2hell .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.eris-road2hell .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.eris-road2hell b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.eris-road2hell u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread