I don't need no arms around me
[html]
wordcount :: 3+

It seemed his irritation at her sudden appearance was quickly replaced with acceptance. Either Gabriel knew her well enough to realize that this was not an issue she would back down on, or he was simply to weary with recovery to argue the point any further. Their small jestings helped reassure the colliewoman that he was not overly angry by her unruly decision to come to him, but she was strong enough within her self to know that it would have made little influence on her decision even if he had been.

To her request, the Warrior-King sidled forward slowly before reclining to his haunches, giving the kneeling healer a good view of the wounded area. With fingers light and cool, skilled in their practice, and emerald eyes keen and professional, she proceeded to gently examine the area. A soft sound of awareness rebuked his grumbled argument, but the colliewoman did not speak until she had finished her brief examination.

She rocked back on her heels when done, appearing for a moment to wear the same hard mask that Enkiel had no-doubt perfected. It was a necessary detachment in their field of work, to be able to emotionally distance oneself from what thoughtful eyes observed. With a clear head, she could evaluate him - Otherwise emotions, the horrible terror of considering the damage that had been done to him and the reckless power of the rockfall, would hamper with her ability to reason.

"It is clean," She said slowly, appraising the work that the Infernian healer had done. The Apothecary doubted that she would have been able to do much of a better job, and was relieved by this, at least. "And it appears to be mending well." The words were muttered more to herself than to Gabriel, who no doubt had heard them before. "I will speak with your healer later, if you'll allow it," She was not so thick to defy his rule directly, not in this place, "And see that I am put in charge of your care for the duration of my time here." This was not a ploy for solitary control over his treatment, but more so that Alaine was aware of the immense amount of duties a healer had to care for a whole pack, and Gabriel's care had undoubtedly been hampering most of that.

<style>
.al-txtsun-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:190px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.al-txtsun {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.al-txtsun .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.al-txtsun .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.al-txtsun p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.al-txtsun b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread