I don't need no arms around me
[html]
wordcount :: 3+

His gruff directions to the location of the healer were taken with a light nod as the woman mentally stored the information away for later use. She was weary from the trip with Ezekiel, and now that her worries had been temporarily sated with the examination, the tiredness was allowed to seep back into her flesh.

The Apothecary did not, however, miss the strange glint in the King's amber eyes as he spoke of her other duties. She allowed herself to wonder momentarily if he thought of her connection to the dog-pack and her inability to remain with him here, in the land of blood-shed and hard angles, or whether he thought of her connection to the children - their children. Both were binds that would eventually drag her away from him again, a fate she had accepted before setting out.

There was no simple explanation for the strange surge of desperation and dismay that came over her at his declaration. Would he seek to keep her, if he could? If their worlds were not so different? The heaviness drooped her shoulders slightly. Seeking a more comfortable skin, the woman rested her weight on bipedal knees and shifted into her quadruped form, giving the ruler no response but silence. Arching her canine spine and fluffing out a graceful tail, the collie yawned widely.

"I would take a nap now, may it please you," Leaving the previous sentiments hanging in the air between them, she smiled to the dark male; a world-weary smile, far older than the once youthful prettiness of her face. Emerald eyes travelled to his makeshift bed, and then back. "I assume your clan would be dismayed if I were to share your bed," A dark humor stirred in her words. He had defied the beliefs of his people to be with her, twice now. It seemed silly that real sleep with him would make her more nervous than the form of mateship it inferred.

<style>
.al-txtsun-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:190px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.al-txtsun {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.al-txtsun .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.al-txtsun .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.al-txtsun p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.al-txtsun b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread