Stories are just words without meaning.
[html]

There we go. Sorry no one else jumped in.

"I don't know," the yellow wolf answered, unsure of where the place was that humans had called 'Poland'. "I have traveled far, though, yes. My home was a place called StoneTree, a pack that resided in the cold wastes many hundreds of miles north and west of here, where food was always too scarce for large packs like the ones of Bleeding Souls to reside. I left that place almost six years ago, taking a winding path that eventually led me here." Skoll knew little of the world outside of the places he'd been, though he had been to many places in North America. He had never been on a ship, his life had been bound by land from the start; he had been fascinated by the ocean the first time he'd seen it, on a rocky coast north of Inferni. Had he known the true expanse of the world, and understood the locations described to him, he would have known that this wolf had come from a land almost as far away as his friend Xander had, who had retrieved his Japanese sword in a land he'd never heard of, across a sea from the island where the blade was made.

"I have never held the rank of bard myself, though I have shared myriad tales during my travels, and lived many, as well. Stories are for fun, mostly, where battle is my profession; what others depend on me for. Tell me, do you have any tales to share?" He was always welcoming of new tales to add to his collection, though his avid hunger for them meant that he encountered variants on familiar tales quite often, not that he minded. The best stories were based on real events, though embellished, he felt. At least, those were the best to hear. There was something fulfilling about hearing a tale that resounded of the truth too, however. Tales that didn't end so happily or so sadly that they were believable. There was...justice, in the true telling of a sad story. In the preserving of truth where a lie might have been sweeter. Though most stories were better in their purified and embellished forms, complete truth had its rewards as well, especially in the uncovering of those truths, if you stumbled upon them yourself.
~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread