Stories are just words without meaning.
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

OOC: I wasn't sure about this, so instead of having 1000 words of my ramble, I'll let Skoll step it with questions. Otherwise it would be just Lubomir talking. Tell me if you're okay with this.

One had to wonder, Lubomir thought, if Skoll was indeed from Europe. While he was larger than most Lubomir had ever seen, his description of the wastes Lubomir had crossed certainly rang familiar. He had not heard of the pack the yellow wolf mentioned, but then again, if he remembered rightly, there was very little interaction between him and other wolves as he crossed the frozen plains. He listened with a smile as Skoll explained about his battles. 'Perhaps we have more in common than I thought. In my old pack, the Alpha, One-Eye would enjoy a good hunting story. I was keeper of memories there, for everyone else was too busy surviving.' He gave a low chuckle, more cynical than he had intended. 'Yes, I have stories to share. This is one is of how I came to this place and of why I no longer have a pack.'

He cleared his throat and sat down. It would be a long story, yes, but one he hoped Skoll would interrupt now and again. 'In the Old Country, we were perhaps one of the last packs to live like this. I was the Alpha female's brother, born in the same litter as my dear Frigg. We were the only two to survive and it pained our mother to see me, the male, weaker than my sister. The weather there is harsh and the lands sometimes do not allow for large packs. When One-Eye took Frigg as his mate, she was independent enough to ask that I come. He accepted, though I was no warrior. Our pack, Dawn Valley, grew and we were happy. Our warriors kept any trespassers at bay and we hunted well. My sister had many litters, but the pups rebelled when they were old enough to know of the city-dwellers.' A note of sadness came in his voice. Lubomir had loved to see them grow up and though Charon, the guardian, was strict, she would sometimes let him watch them trot around, their eyes barely open. To see and hear the arguments that rang into the cold night, when Frigg would turn her own children away, still pained his heart. 'We became arrogant and were punished for it. My pack was slaughtered. The last image I have in my mind is of my sister, dying to protect her mate. She fell before my eyes and everything afterwards is blinding pain and the metallic taste of blood. Imagine it, Skoll. I, as you can see, am hardly a tough wolf. I was the only survivor. I fled.'

It was almost like admitting to cowardice. Lubomir drew a deep breath and waited to see if Skoll would react in any way

[/html]

Messages In This Thread