Stories are just words without meaning.
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

OOC: Ah, that works then. *feels like she will rake SS game points* Oh! And you should earn some for posting here too! ^_^ Also you call 2 days delay? Try me not posting in 4! >_<

Lubomir was ecstatic. He had an audience of one, yes, but Skoll listened so well. It made his heart sing to see the yellow wolf closing his eyes and trying to picture everything with his mind. It gave Lubomir purpose to know that his mere words could stir such emotion. It made him feel a part of a greater whole. That was exactly how it felt: story-telling, sharing the history of the individual or the pack, recounting events in vivid detail... it all made Lubomir feel as if he could fly out of his skin, hover above his listeners and gently place the pictures, sights and smells into their very being. When Skoll commented on his behaviour, Lubomir shook his head to regain his bearings.

He tried to relive the panic, the scramble for cover, the fear and the overwhelming possibility of death. Lubomir had to somehow try and get that across. Skoll was right, yes, Lubomir had been no hunter, but that did not mean he could excuse his cowardly attitude. 'I was not expected to do battle because we were attacked. I will try to explain. I woke to the sound of fighting and assumed that Keiro, one of the male Hunters, had again challenged One-Eye, the Alpha, to a duel. It had become almost a monthly occurrence which amused us all. I would write poetry about it. It sounded more aggressive than usual, but then, perhaps it wasn't Keiro but Aditi, our fiesty female.' Lubomir almost smiled at the memory. 'It smelled of blood. I know that was what caught my attention. One-Eye would never draw blood from one of his own. I crawled out and the sight that first greeted me was Keiro, lying dismembered. His blood was still warm. The puppies had their throats...I'm sorry.' Lubomir looked away, pain and anguish written clearly in his features. Those puppies had been a new try for Frigg, an attempt to change what had come before, to keep a least these two beside her, to leave them as Alpha pair over the pack. He drew a deep breath and shook himself, as if he were covered in icy water and needed to feel warm again. 'No Skoll, I was no warrior, but in that time and place I should have protected my kin. I ran. One of them caught me and then everything goes dark and I forget. But I hope that wherever Frigg and One-Eye are, they have forgiven me.'

Lubomir had to think harder now. He'd painted a vividly gruesome picture, that much was certain. He needed something to lighten the mood. And Skoll provided the perfect opportunity. Lubomir would have hugged him, except that would be...unseemly. And undignified. And Lubomir cared for dignity. He decided that he would share with Skoll as much as he himself knew. 'Once, before my pack were murdered, I travelled to the city. I had no been Bard for very long and I was trying to enhance my talent. I wanted to learn how to read, write and compose poetry. So I sought a city, three days' travel from my pack's lands. They welcomed me. There, they live as full-time Optime. They create clothing for themselves and the packs are less rigid. There is a matriarch or a patriarch, a male or female who leads the household. Some learn to draw, others to read, some weave clothes, for they all wear them there, others keep records. They exist outside of woods and shun those who prefer the four-legged state sometimes. I was with them for a whole moon and learned a great deal of things. Frigg's first litter were old enough to listen to my tales. They were fascinated. They ran to join the city-dwellers and returned after many weeks, bearing gifts for us. One-Eye turned them away and I haven't seen them since. It was I who gave them the idea of living somewhere else. As for the other pups... My pack were never ones to forbid a quest for knowledge. It took one journey for them to shun us, to call us backward and to forget our existence.' It was still a sore spot with him, but one Lubomir might be able to live with. If they were alive and safe, he would be happy.

Lubomir looked at Skoll intently. The story needed to move on. 'When I woke from my stupor, I was alone, cold and hungry. I decided to move on, to get away from that place as soon as possible. Thus began the time of the crossing of the Great Frozen Plains.'

767 words *collapses*

[/html]

Messages In This Thread