Stories are just words without meaning.
[html]

Beautifully tragic. I like the jarring sensation of guessing the source of the fighting to finding Keiro dismembered.

The golden wolf nodded silently. It was indeed a horrible tale. The thought of seeing one's own family slaughtered in that way, especially at a time of sleep, when it was too late to take action by the time of waking. That situation seemed especially nighmarish to Skoll, to have slept through the time of action, the time of fulfilling his duty. He looked at Lubomir for a moment, his expression having fallen somewhat, out of sadness more than shock. His eyes had seen things equally terrible in his own lifetime, and though the fallen weren't blood relations, he had seen many of them, and there were many cruel forms that death could take.

"I'm sorry for your losses. The black out may have been caused by a blow to the skull, or an attempted strangulation. Both would have left you with a terrible headache a few hours later, or maybe even a few days later, in severe cases. Extreme emotional trauma can also cause a flight of memory. Whatever your experience, you have survived much. You may have run, but your doom caught up with you anyway, and you survived it. It may be that you are tougher than you think." He paused there, mulling over everything for a moment. "Still, the fight was over by the time you awoke, running may have been the best course of action. It is undignified, but throwing your life away against those capable of felling the warriors in your pack isn't something I think you would be expected to do. If I am ever killed, I don't expect you or Tayui to go throw yourselves at those who slew me. After all, what is the death of one like me but a failure to perform my duties to my pack?" He let the question hang in the air.

"What of these Great Frozen Plains, now? I am glad that your story doesn't end there. Life should always continue past such travesties of fate."

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread