Stories are just words without meaning.
[html]

This is turning out pretty cool.

Skoll's mind followed Lubomir's words through the tundra, into the congregation of twisted adults in their session of child torture. The next part of the story caught him by surprise. Lubomir had rescued the pup? Too late, but still. His bitterness had been growing a new callus on his already worn heart over the lack of concern so many wolves showed in the face of a fellow's adversity, even though the puppy died, a part of him was touched, and a small part of that callus melted away. He had forgotten the healing properties of a good tale on his soul, especially one which was true.

"I am sorry to hear of the child's fate, but I think you gained something very valuable in the final chapter of your story. You were afraid to fight the murderers of your pack, and for good reason. Still, that fear did not dominate you. When next the opportunity arose, you summoned the courage to do what you knew to be right. That is...well, that is much more than I have come to expect from most wolves these days." It was true. Since the relative apathy he'd seen wolves hold toward Inferni's aggression, as well as to the most recent band of cultists that he and his warriors had vanquished, he was beginning to think that honor and duty were antiquated ideals. It was refreshing to see someone else who still knew what it meant to take risks for what was right.

"By the end, most would consider yours to be a very sad tale. Your family died, the pup died, and in this way it is a tragedy you tell. Nevertheless, I see a more subtle theme which has woven itself around your life. A theme of growing, of self-improvement and sacrifice for others. You are someone that any wolf should be glad to know, Lubomir, if your tale is true." The emphasis in his last words was not such as to imply a lie. He could tell through the telling that his packmate was not selling himself as something great, and he detected no sign of pride in his words.

"It is said by some that the destination matters less than the journey. I would say that your journey, despite its hardships, has given you something to show for your troubles. It may not be immediately apparent, but someone who has experienced much has a depth of character that no greenboy can match. If you wish it, and aren't hungry or possessed of some other need, I can begin the tale of my own travels to this place, a tale spanning almost three years."

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread