Stories are just words without meaning.
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

OOC: One of the best threads I've ever been in! Big Grin So who did you name Skoll after?

Humans. Lubomir had heard about them, during his brief spell with the town-dwellers. He'd tried to get a hold of writings left by the humans, but most had been burned and the others had been missing for years. It annoyed him, really, to think that all that knowledge had been wasted. He was completely under Skoll's spell, the image of some great wolf that became the final resting place of all shifters, that indeed was an idea to contemplate. It made sense, to think of Frigg and One-Eye under the watchful eye of some potentate, a creature beyond fault and failure. No, I doubt my mother had some brother smuggled away here. She valued family. But your father's belief in Fenrir, that truly is fascinating. It is almost a tragedy that no human writings survive in the Old Country.' He laughed lightly, amused by the thought that perhaps, through some workings of Fate, he and Skoll were related. To Lubomir, it would have been an honour.

The laugh was short-lived, however. Lubomir looked away and tried not to wince. It must have been a long time for the warrior and still he felt bitter about it. To be so left out by his pack, with very little explanation, that must have hurt more than the thought of leaving. Lubomir could remember a time when Frigg cast out her own pups and the pain it caused it for days afterwards. But then who knew what his nieces and nephews thought of the family now? The images that followed, of a possible death through starvation were gruesome indeed. But his endurance, his determination and his skill as a fighter impressed Lubomir. 'I think you did very well, considering your circumstances and what your options could have been. Did you finally settle within a pack, then?'

[/html]

Messages In This Thread