Stories are just words without meaning.
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

OOC: I kinda figured he was from Norse mythology (I see myself as some sort of mythology geek) but I didn't know about the magical shoe. Great anticlimax there, huh? XD

Lubomir nodded. He could understand the reasons behind Skoll's decision. After all, he too had stayed away from packs and hunted on his own, preferring the thrill of the chase to sharing pain that was still too raw, too new. Perhaps, in away, Skoll had been lucky, for his own affinity towards fighting kept him popular, in a way. It meant he was useful to others. It was painful to think of wolves in terms of objects fulfilling a purpose, but from what the yellow wolf was saying, the wolves here would treat others that way. Lubomir tried not to think of it and keep his attention firmly focused on the story.

His ears perked at the mention of lycanthropy. How had it arrived here? Lubomir had been born with the ability to shift, as had Frigg, but One-Eye had acquired it in a fight with a shifter. His sister, Charon, she too had been infected, possibly by her brother. But he had limited knowledge of how the virus had spread here. He knew, from tales of others, that not everyone back in the Old Country had been infected, that "normal" wolves still existed, though Lubomir had never met any of them. It felt a bit strange to think of it in these terms, that some had waited more than others to gain the shifting ability. 'But if your HawkWind was truly so powerful surely someone would know about him... I do not mean to say that you were merely chasing a chimera, a figment of pack mythology. It just seems strange that someone so powerful and prone to such deadly urges as the ones you have described could disappear without a trace.' He listened intently as Skoll went on to describe his experience with professional fighting. But to leave after acquiring skills? That was certainly a new method of repaying them. He couldn't quite grasp why Skoll had acted that way. 'But surely you would have stayed with them! Why leave when you could help protect them?' A trace of annoyance in his voice now. He couldn't quite understand why Skoll would be... selfish, it seemed.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread