Don't know where I'm going
[html]

Nonchalantly popping in here; feel free to reply to just me, and Rachel can swing back in when she's ready. ^^

Accompanying the smell of a stranger at the borders — how strange, that he had already become so accustomed to the AniWayan scent to notice it — was Nootau, the little barn owl that he had seen sticking close to Ralla not days before. Tattered ears perked, curious why the owl had swept by, and when it dashed past again the two-legged male gingerly followed. Empty, plaid sleeve flapping in the wind, Jefferson took to his leader duties as he would a Patriarch in Phoenix Valley; he was no Kalona, he knew, as he did not represent AniWaya well enough, but with Dawali's illness the clan and its joiners would just have to make do with a pain in the ass greeting them rather than the peace and nonchalance the normal Kalona provided. If nothing else, perhaps the AniWayans needed a taste of the real world, how harsh it was, outside of their ghosts and spirits and big flaming fires.

He came upon them moments later, arriving in time to hear the black-faced nervous girl stammer a nervous response to Ralla, who had already arrived. The brute that he was, he encroached on their conversation with little to no regret, a scarred monster in the presence of peace. "What's your name?" he said, his head held high as always, a brutish charisma about him despite the ever-present scowl darkening his features. "How are you two going to hold your weight here? Donations are all well and good, but you'll need to work for your stay. Both of you."

A pause. He hated to introduce himself away from home. "I'm Jefferson," he muttered, finally. "I'm the stand-in leader."

<style>
.assersonback .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.assersonback p {padding:2px 30px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.assersonback b {color:#6FD230; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #000; }
.assersonback {background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... /back2.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread