Lady on the Water
[html]

Yay! Those of you who wish to keep replying can, but you don't have to. Note Nayru's intention to start developing Dahlia de Mai! I encourage you guys to use this as thread prompts in future threads. Also, if you guys have any cool ideas on how to shape or develop Dahlia de Mai, now is a good time to start discussing with me or other members! 701

Nayru waited as the remaining ghosts of Dahlia de Mai filtered in. There were very familiar faces, and there were also faces of strangers--new members that had been admitted by Conor or Saul shortly before the change in leadership. To no one individually did she utter a greeting, but to a friend she knew well the patchwork girl might throw a smile or tap them slightly if they came just close enough. To those she didn't know the ruby eyed lady bowed her head, even when no such formal greeting had been used by them. Her nose came so low that soon she was submitting herself to them more than they to she. Yet, never did she lose her somber authority and it was only after any who heard the call had sufficient time to arrive did she address them.

"Welcome everyone," her eyes scanned and realized quickly that this was not everyone, but those missing were probably long since been missing and no one had taken note just yet, "Today Dahlia de Mai is another year older. We continue to persist: those of us who had gathered today and Dahlia de Mai as a whole, may we be blessed to continue persisting. " Ruby eyes fell on those she didn't know… "I regret that such introductions cannot be more private, but for those I haven't met yet, my name is Nayru. Conor Soul has left and I've been chosen to take his place." If there was any formal announcement for those who had not already heard the truth, this was the only one they received but it was spoken in a simple explanatory way. It was not the news they came to hear, just a on the side factoid that she threw in.

"Spring is fully upon us. Such is the time for fresh starts. The first of fresh starts with our neighbors. Soon I will go to each pack and clan and offer them tokens of Dahlia de Mai's friendship." Quickly and methodically she scanned the faces of the others, watched their reactions. Every pack would be visited, though just what each clan would received or be offered or how well Nayru was to be received by them was yet to be determined. Still, Nayru believed that one caught more flies with honey. "When I return work will begin in earnest on rebuilding Dahlia de Mai completely. Much damage has been dealt to us from the snowstorm. Still the docks in our harbor lay in shambles, the Virgin Mary lays on her side on our borders and so many other places have not been attended to. I do not wish to see reminders anymore." The Victorian house would be her own project, though just what she planned to do to it Nayru hadn't quite made up her mind yet.

"Alongside rebuilding our previous functioning buildings, we will be restoring the vineyards and maybe some of the farmland. I will need some help with this." Her eyes fell on Siku, wondering if the young girl was willing to take on such a role. Caring for the grape plants and other fruits that Nayru planned on growing, but she had such a natural way with green things. There were other plants too, herbs, tobacco, marijuana, corn. Nayru knew the possibilities for some of these, and not only for Dahlia's own personal use. "Soon Dahlia de Mai will be bottling our own wine. I've noticed our supply dwindling, so I am sure many of you understand the demand such liquids create. We will replenish our own supply, and not only, produce enough in time to trade with others." Nayru had so many wine bottles ready to be filled, had the books gathered for her and the others to figure out the exact recipes. The wooden barrels in the vineyard would need work,as would the other equipment, but she had already found all the problems, and was brainstorming the solutions.

"I expect help from all who consider Dahlia de Mai their home. If anyone wishes to share, now would be the time. If not, we have food, fire and pleasant company to celebrate Dahlia with. Let us be thankful for that."

<style type="text/css">
.spintree-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.spintree b {font-weight:bold; color:#6a5959; letter-spacing:1px}
.spintree p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.spintree {margin:0 auto; background-color:#342c2a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... ubyfae.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#746d66; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread