forty six and two
[html]

Word Count » 428
awkward post is awkward, sorry Sad

my road to hell is surely paved

The coyote was not so blind to the world that she believed there was only one true power or strength in the world. She had walked such a path before, bowing her head and paying homage to Momoztli and his false church. There was more than one great truth to the world, and the sable-shaded woman thought she had learned that. It was with this opened mind that she listened to the paler-colored woman, regarding her curiously. Meditation? The hybrid herself was suspicious of divinity derived from spontaneity, with no particular cause, but what this woman spoke of was not power. A quieted mind and soul could be useful, Eris knew -- she lost her individuality, her entire sense of self, when she was drawn into those black pits. Perhaps it was only her own disquieted soul that drew her back up into the mortal world. Still -- there would be other uses for this skill, she knew, and she peered at the other canine curiously.

“I would be interested in such things,” the coyote said, uncertain as to how to broach the subject otherwise. Her arts were not so easily shared; she herself believed that the power of divination lived mostly in the blood, and that it was not a skill that could be so easily taught. Either one saw or one did not. Substances might be able to assist those who did not naturally have such gifts, but Eris did not think that all the quiet in the world would help those who were born blind to see. “Not sure if I am quite worthy enough, though,” the coyote added, earnestly. This seemed a journey of light -- the path to which she was bound was one doused in umbra, traversed only by night.

“I'm not so frightened of pain, but maybe we'll choose a spot that isn't so easily visible,” the sable coyote added, grinning to show her jest. She trusted that the other woman's work would be to standard -- practiced or not, Eris had no skill in adding these modifications, merely maintaining them; she thought perhaps augmenting her spiral with color would perhaps provide some sort of added clarity. “Eris Eternity, of Anathema,” the hybrid said, introducing herself with her current pack rather than the proposed one that breathed only between herself and Sirius. It hadn't even a name as of yet; there was no good sense in spoiling her surprise yet, even if it was to an outsider unlikely to interfere. “Good to make your acquaintance,” the hybrid added, intending this genuinely.

<style>
.eris-road2hell {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.eris-road2hell .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/smrcM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.eris-road2hell .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.eris-road2hell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.eris-road2hell .tagline {font-family:'Over the Rainbow', arial, serif; font-size:18px; padding:55px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.eris-road2hell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.eris-road2hell .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.eris-road2hell .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.eris-road2hell b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.eris-road2hell u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread