forty six and two
[html]

Word Count :: 335 Thanks ^^

Though Alae was quick to attempt to alleviate Eris's concerns, she hadn't understood the sable woman's meaning -- of course, Eris had intended it this way. She did not intend to reveal herself as a minion of the shadow to one such as Alae, one so clearly bathed in light. Opposites or not, the sable coyote did not doubt the power found in the other canine's methods, and she intended to appropriate that ability if possible. It was, of course, a question of being permitted. Alae might not be so quick to reveal her secrets, knowing Eris served no gods and walked a path shrouded in night.

“I would appreciate whatever instruction you might give, and I've nothing in particular calling my attention right now,” she offered, allowing for the other canine to decide whether to immediately proceed with lessons or instead delay for another day. “I haven't any needles or colors, though,” the coyote said, frowning. “I wouldn't know where to begin looking for such things,” she admitted, the faintest hint of defensiveness in her posture at this comment -- her ears flicked backward, then quickly forward again. “Maybe one of us will come across them,” she ventured, pondering where she might acquire such tools.

“For now, though, meditation and this baptiste would be interesting to see.” There was no demand in the coyote's voice; she would not pressure or push the Dahlian to share knowledge -- harshness was not the way to win over friends, and while the sable-shaded woman possessed a rather wide cruel streak, she was not quite so bull-headed as to scoff at gifts offered freely. She was not in a position to do so, anyway -- the sable hybrid had little of her own to offer back in turn to Alae, and she was relieved the tawny Dahlian had yet to inquire about her own dues. Perhaps Eris had encountered one of those fabled givers, those who simply gave and gave without asking for a single thing in return.

<style>
#simple-text {
font-family:georgia; serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:16px; }
#simple-text p {
text-indent:50px; }
#simple-text b {
letter-spacing:.5px; }
#simple-text hr {