the audience just claps and cheers
[html]

wordcount :: 5+

For a moment they locked gazes; two cobras dancing, dangerous animals on the prowl. He may have been superior in strength and size, but she had the spirit world, and although Sirius considered himself far too practical to believe in many things, he had an avid respect for what lurked beyond death. Eris had called the woman a Shaman. The word whispered with power, and although he did not fear it, nor did he with to incur it's wrath. The Revlis man was many things, but he was not foolish, and it was unwise to taunt a nature he did not understand.

Her acceptance was a venomous hiss, that foreign language so similar yet different to his own a serpents lullaby in the man's large coyote ears. Her hand rose above his beating heart, and he felt the sting of her claws, but did not flinch. Showing weakness to this woman would be an insult unendurable, and he would not provide her with any doubts about his cunning and strength. She, as with the others, would respect him as Eris and her children did. She must.

The charming smile did not instantly return. Brooding eyes glowered at her, irritated and yet pleased that she dared to threaten him. If all went as he wished, it would not be within her power to do so for long - But the Revlis man was not in the mood for deception, and his voice sizzled with the power of his intent. "I would not disrespect you by lying, Kimaris. Do not seek to think so lowly of me." The offended words were an angry snarl, but still the pleasure remained within him. She had agreed, and another piece of the plan had fallen into place. Tlantli would keep her word - Eris had been sure of it, and the Eterne woman had a knack for being right about such things.

He changed faces swiftly, and the sharp anger that had shown before melted back into the crocodile smile again. "Eris told me you know the way - Her religion," He did not attempt to pronounce the words his tongue did not know. The dark-furred woman had not tried to convert him to her views, and he was grateful. Sirius would adopt them in his own time, if he wished it; there were more pressing things to be dealt with. "I know that you are proud, but alone here, you and the two you care for," His voice had dipped to a whisper, and the poison was in the pitch; it sought to press ideas into her mind, lasting ideas. "You are vulnerable in this land - But we know family is protection, don't we? Family is everything. Eris, she could be your family. So could I, Tlantli. You respect her, do you not? For she places respect in me." The question was thrown in roughly. Respect commanded so much attention, and it could be used like a snare. It was all woven together, now, and he just needed to make the coyote woman see it as he and Eris did. "I know that you must miss the old ways - Know this, then. She and I, we can bring them back to you." He spoke, in part, of Eterne; A dark whisper filled with promise.

The dark man's eyes burned intensely, showing the ideas behind them, projecting the fervor with which he spoke. He moved to take the hand that had bit into his chest, holding it within his fist firmly. "Think of where your loyalty lies, Kimaris... Now I must ask my request of you - Give your loyalty to your family, above all," The words hissed from between his teeth, and dark bangs caused slashes across acidic green. "Give your loyalty to me."

<style>
.sirius-fire01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sirius-fire01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sirius-fire01 b {color:#2f6f10; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sirius-fire01 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8412/siriusfire.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a89150; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:100px 0px 10px 0px; }
.sirius-fire01-border {width:479px; border:1px solid #2d1100; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread