Can't Lose
[html]

^^ 385

It was almost always the same reaction. It had been Siku's reaction, Saluce's, and even the other's although they had not shown it as openly. A mixture of sympathy and faith. Nayru did not want the sympathy and she did not know where such strong belief in her came from, but only with time could she change their minds. Show them she did not suffer because of her age or inexperience, and Dahlia de Mai would not either. The belief in her was a blessing though, for if they believed in her she had no choice but to also. The patchwork woman had doubted Conor when he placed her as his gamma, but she thrived there. Had he merely been molding her? Had he known all along he would leave? No… Nayru thought of the man's haunted face as he fled before her and she knew it had not been planned.

At his compliment she bowed her head graciously and then lifted it, eyes opening in surprise as he spoke of his own pack's struggle. Yet the man did not elaborate and she would not pry, this was certainly not her place and not her purpose in coming here. Nayru opened her mouth to speak but a small flicker of movement caught her eye, as if something lingered as Shaw's side. Dismissing the vision she smiled up at the man, ready to begin her true speech. "I am glad your pack seems to be doing well, perhaps in the future if you have such struggles again you will come to us and we would gladly offer you what assistance we can, Dahlia has much to offer," she paused a moment, noting even the most subtle changes in the man's face and posture and continued. "With our packs being so near I do not believe we should be strangers. I would like a friendship to form between our lands Shawchert, and maybe even in time an alliance of sorts, if that suits you and your members. Today I come with tokens of our good will, if you will accept them." There she stopped, aware of the large sack at her feet but not moving to reveal just what it was she brought until the man made some sort of response as she held her breath, waiting.

<style type="text/css">
.spintree-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.spintree b {font-weight:bold; color:#6a5959; letter-spacing:1px}
.spintree p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.spintree {margin:0 auto; background-color:#342c2a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... ubyfae.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#746d66; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread