A Loose Use?
[html]

She stood straight, merely watching him turn back to her, grounding the stick, reminding her of her earlier thought about the fence. Her old pack had fenced its lands, a controversial but tyrannically imposed move. She was fairly sure the stranger wolf here was not thinking along those lines, but the reminder was poignant, and she recognised the sense that there was a barrier between them of some metaphysical kind too. Whether it was her appearance, gender, species, or just the fact she was in his vicinity, she sensed her presence wasn't entirely welcome. She wondered if he'd forced himself to ask the question, if underneath the antagonism, he was just attempting to be polite - or was he genuinely curious. The tone wasn't friendly, and moments after speaking he covered his face with a hand as if in despair. Caspa's eyes slitted, and she answered coolly "Why should I not? I, like most, aspire to be stronger, to defend and fight when needed. Or would you rather I left mighty warriors like yourself to protect us weaklings in times of strife?" Now she was half expecting him to attack her for her insolence, of course that was irrational but it was the reaction she could have expected from one of her elders, as a child. In her pack, if a female chose the path of mateship and motherhood, she was barred from combat, hunting, anything that might endanger her and by extension her family. Caspa had never fully understood the logic of this, and approved of anybody using their physique to its full potential. The world was dangerous, the righteous had a duty to be strong.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread