blank stares at blank pages
[html]

o_o I wish awesomeness like that just came to ME. Don't change a thing, I love it!

Lili was so caught up in her own out-right panic that she didn't see the timber wolf running to intercept her, and so, when he spoke his stern words, she yelped again, kicking on a burst of speed she hadn't known she was capable of and effectively running straight into his arms. Her first thought, as she found herself cradled to the chest of a stranger who was, quite effectively, out-running the stampeding elk, was a very vibrant image of an angry Luke, and a quiet, inaudible even to her own mind, Uh-oh. Her mate would not be pleased.

The second thought, as she turned her head ever so slightly and noticed the up-coming fence, was another, louder, Uh-oh. And, finally, as he took his flying leap and her heart fluttered while her stomach dropped, all Lili could get through her head was, I am going to die. There was really no use struggling and screaming now, when he'd already run so far; so she closed her eyes and squeezed her lost tarot-card tightly between her fingers and her thumb, and thought to let it happen.

A moment later she was no longer off the ground. Another second later, and she was rolling away from the stranger, onto her back, to stare up at the sky and marvel at the wonder of her state of existence. That is to say; still existing. She winced in sympathy as some poor, dumb creature ran into the fence before finally backing off, but Lili's bleeding heart did it's best not to care. They'd tried to kill her, after all.

Finally she rolled her head to the side, finding the timber who'd saved her spread out much as she was. Thanks. She managed, her voice cracking a bit half-way through the syllable until she was almost certain she was about to break down in hysterics. Near-death experiences did that to her.

<style>
.luckycardcandle .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.luckycardcandle p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.luckycardcandle b {color:#83342a; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.luckycardcandle {background-color:#501f16; background-image:url(http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3389/luckycandle02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#e6ac62; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:120px 0px 10px 0px; }
.luckycardcandle-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #f2b049; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread