he came from the woods
[html]

Word Count → 329

So he had noticed her. The golden man had turned, and as he did the red streak across his nose, and rust-coated ears were apparent. Lykoi, she thought. Or something close. Sage took a full breath of the air that carried his scent as it came her way. It was familiar, pleasantly, and smelled strongly of Inferni. Her head tilted, ever curious, and she closed the final steps, assuring herself that he meant no harm.

“That’s a little formal,” he responded to her salutation. "You can call me Ezekiel."

Sage had not meant her words to be formal; she called many people sir and miss. It was only normal speech for the girl of the forest. But, if he wouldn't like it, of course she would call him by his name. Ezekiel, he'd said. It seemed a strong name; fitting. A smile bloomed on her face.

"Well, then, Ezekiel... It's quite nice to meet you," she said, her head bowing in gentle greeting. "I'm Sage."

He had noticed Lennon, who roamed around nearby, and spoke what was clear to her as Low speech to her companion. Chocolate ears shot forward in recognition. Sun-colored eyes widened briefly in awe; she was impressed. Not many that she met had the ability to speak to other creatures. Who was this familiar, wild warrior named Ezekiel?

"I can speak to him, too." Sage muttered with a pleased smile, eyes darting between the man and Lennon excitedly.

But that was not what she'd come for. Perhaps later, he could tell her about the animals he'd spoken to. Now, she was curious. For what was he practicing?

"What was that you were doing a moment ago, love?" she questioned with a motion to the place he'd just been standing. Of course, Sage wouldn't want to become violent, but perhaps it was time that she at least learn how she might defend herself. More than once she'd been nearly encountered by things she could not have held her own against. It was discomforting.

<style>
.sr-rose {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aFW0k.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.sr-rose .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.sr-rose .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.sr-rose .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.sr-rose p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.sr-rose b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread