he came from the woods
[html]

Word Count → 379

Another weird one. Tongue

Sage shifted her weight to become more comfortable as he spoke, leaning to her right with an elbow propped up on her own hand. In thought, small hand tousled her dark locks, letting the wind them through thin fingers. Of course Sage wanted to be able to defend herself, but the thought of becoming a creature that could fend off dangers was foreign to her. She had always been welcoming, and being the opposite would be strange and new. Sage wanted nothing about her to change, aside from her helplessness. The earth child would not become a creature of war; to become such would go against everything that she was.

Ezekiel explained that he fought more like a raven, and Sage's face lit with recognition, and she gave a quiet, interested nod as a response. With him, her gaze turned towards Lennon. She had never seen a horse fight, and especially not Lennon. As she tried to imagine it, her eyes widened. If the large creature ever were to engage in battle, he would surely be formidable. The beast was gentle, but not weak.

"I've never seen them fighting..." she admitted, eyes roaming to find the stallion again, her head tilting towards him. "How do they?" she wondered softly.

“I bet you could fight like a bluejay,” Ezekiel said, in a matter-of-fact way. “Do you want a lesson?”

Sage paused to consider this; herself, fighting like a blue jay. Could she? Would she? She was hesitant; why did she need to fight? But no, the girl had been slowly learning that this world was not quite as forgiving as it should have been. Her efforts to convince anyone and everyone that violence wasn't necessary were ineffectual so far, and the sandy-colored Lykoi would not enjoy being helpless much longer. She was stronger than that; despite her nature, she would not go down without a fight, if she could help it.

"Could I? she answered finally, face turning towards his handsome one with a half-lidded, wondering grin. "I'm sure I would look rather silly... but, I'll have a lesson, sure!" Sage nodded, letting her arms move to her hips in a more confident posture. Yes, she could be better than she was. If she couldn't defend herself, she could easily be beaten. Then how would anyone hear her voice?

<style>
.sr-rose {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aFW0k.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.sr-rose .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.sr-rose .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.sr-rose .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.sr-rose p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.sr-rose b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread