The Fire in our Hearts
[html]

With flails? Big Grin Plus: The Fire in 'out' hearts? o.0 (Nootau: Visible) Note: Hover above the AniWayan words for translations :3

One could always say that Ralla was content with her lot in life; it was a good life, after all. She lived with her family in safety in the village, was about to have pups, loved her duty, loved her mate and adopted child, and loved the tribe. Which is why, after doubting her place of influence within the pack--which had not mattered largely to her before--she had been so surprised by Chief Dawali's proposal for her to enter the Council. Needless to say the offer had stunned her, and she had felt like a child again, stuttering out modesty and thank yous. She couldn't believe that she would ever have been chosen to be on the Council--and so young!--since her native tribe had only ever allowed the elders to be a part of such a distinguished group. But lo and behold; her doubts and fantasies had become true. Her barn owl spirit guide had expressed his own pleasure at the advancement in his own way--extra preening, the occasional whirring chirp; all of which uncharacteristic of his often stoic self--and now he flew with Ralla as she walked to the Great Fire; the starting point of her life in AniWaya.

The date of the pups' coming was near, she could tell. She could no longer even jog to where she needed to go, and could feel them kick avidly often. Kemo had confined her, now, solely to AniWaya for her safety, but she worried more about the delivery and even getting word to Noss that he had nieces or nephews--or even both! Between keeping herself fed and healthy, Ralla balanced it with her daily trips to the Great Fire, whose warmth soothed her soul and whose smoke drifted like a moving picture. But that night she did not find herself alone. Stretching her arm out gracefully as she walked, the white wolfess felt Nootau's small claws grasp her arm as he alighted, and she came to stand next to one of the wooden sitting logs facing the other two sitting there. "Asiyu," she said, smiling at the young child next to the man. Both were of a dark brown color, although the girl's eyes were violet and the man's was... White... Like a certain Fire Tender that Ralla knew quite well. "My name is Ralla. I believe that I've seen you two about here, but I regret that I've been rather...busy," she said with a smile of regret. "Forgive me, but do you know J'adore Austral?"

Looking from the pair to the Great Fire, Ralla took a seat on one of the logs, feeling the weight of the pups beholden in her stomach. She saw how the two looked at the Great Fire, and knew that not everyone knew the stories. It was her duty to spread them, and it was high time that she resumed her lessons, pups or no. She could spare an hour a week away from them after a time and still be sure that they would be safe. "Atsila Galvkawetiyu," she said after a moment, "the Sacred Fire. It is the center of our protection, you know." This she knew firmly, since it had sacrificed itself and saved so many lives during the blizzard they had in the winter. She was sure that if it had not gone out Theodoric would've been saved, but...even the Great Spirits have a plan unknown to lesser souls, and mere mortals could not always comprehend it. The Great Fire had tried its best, but it had seemed as if the spirit of the cold winds had nearly prevailed. But once more, AniWaya had remained.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread