The Fire in our Hearts
[html]

"Phail"? XD We should probably wrap this thing up soon Tongue

"Yes, exactly," Ralla giggled in the warm tone intrinsic to herself, although when she looked to Leon again, as was at the very least polite when conversing, she saw his faustian smile and was puzzled. But he answered his daughter, to, and so she ignored it for the moment. Not to pry is the key, she chided herself, although this battled with the curious side of her. Not too long ago she had been in a position where she had wanted no one to know of her past; what right did she have to go snooping into others'?

"That's a beautiful name," Ralla said, leaning down a little to take a closer look at the girl. She was all innocence and sunshine, as girls her age should be; right? Honestly, Ralla didn't quite completely know herself; mothering would be a completely new thing to her, so she guessed she would know soon enough. "You know 'Analise' means grace, like the gentle scent of the anise spice? And Kailypso means 'she who hides', while 'Austral' is 'south'. So the entire meaning of your name is 'grace who hides in the south'. It is an auspicious name; it means a strong beauty, or that one's grace will be found in adventure." From there she looked to Leon, who then mentioned Analise's resemblance to her mother. There it is again; that look. It was clear, at that point, that Leon's mate and Analise's mother was either gone or something of the sort; something at the very least to make Leon very unhappy at the mention of her. Ralla hadn't seen a woman named Kailypso about, so she could only assume she was not in the pack, but...by the looks Leon was giving, she held her tongue--the worst (and most likely) assumption being that she was dead. She contemplated whether or not she should elaborate on a story having to do with reincarnation, but decided against it, thinking it would only upset Leon.

"It makes me wonder how my children will be. Adventurous and brave like their father or as simple as me?" Yes, how would the little ones turn out? Certainly they would be white-furred, even though it was a recessive gene? Both parents were white, after all. But Ralla would love them, regardless of coloring or gender or any of that; they were hers.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#fff;}
.owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C718E; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto;}
.owlinner{background-color:#A6C4EE; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... llatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; width:483px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
.owl p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.owl .box {width:275px;height:205px;float:right;}
.owl b {color:#fff;font-family:georgia;text-shadow:2px 2px 2px #3D4F69;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread