Keep it on your Mind
[html]

We'll call it the last post here :3 Sorry for my scarcity; I'm sure you've heard it a million times, but finals are murder :X

Although Ralla had heard and seen alcohol--even partook of it some, a long, long time ago--she did not particularly enjoy its taste or effects. Chief Dawali, however, was a different story, and she was thankful for the gesture, which was most important anyway. But when the pungent aroma of the sacred plant wafted from a wrapping, she knew that Chief Dawali would immediately be grateful. Despite having a field growing the plant, it was, as mentioned, sacred; to be appreciated and taken gladly when offered. She had never smoked the stuff before--its purpose was to heighten spiritual awareness, but she felt as if she was already pretty aware...--but she knew of its importance to the culture. And then the beads! If one thing could be said to ascertain shared values amongst the Moon Tribe and AniWaya, it was that beads and feathers were valuable trinkets. Glass beads were the hardest to come by, and thereby of more worth, but wooden beads with intricate designs were almost of the same value because of the work put into them. This was a necklace of such beads, and Ralla let her fingers roll a few of them around as if she were doing the same to her own necklaces about her neck. All would go straight to Chief Dawali, but she gave a smile to the woman in his stead. "These are wonderful, and I'm sure Chief Dawali will appreciate your gesture for all it deserves. I may not know the full details of any biases we might've had, but you seem a very capable leader; certainly more than worthy to be given another chance." But what right did Ralla have to speak of worth? Well, she certainly felt like Nayru deserved it; it took humility and courage to apologize for one's deeds, even if they were not one's own.

Because it was Ralla who invited the woman in, she would have to take personal responsibility. She could not house her in the Town Hall, but would instead offer her the hammock in her tree hut for the night. "Then I would be glad to house you for the night. Please, this way," the white wolfess said with a soft flourish of the arm. Nootau took flight and began his impromptu lead of the two women to the tree hut, Ralla talking softly with Nayru about such things that might have been worldly and others commonplace. The night passed thusly with Nayru's company in the hut--Ayasha and Kemo's company included--and Ralla would deliver the gifts on the morrow. It was certainly an omen of good tidings, as the sky was clear and full of stars, and she and Kemo slept sound as the moon itself.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread