Uncomfortable return
[html]

Marit gave me permission to do this. :3 Susquehanna will be joining AW as Desi's NPC.

Now that she was standing in front of one of the members of the tribe, Desi was able to realize that she had been foolish to think that any of them would cease wondering or caring, no matter how long she were gone. She almost regretted saying anything to Ralla about the thoughts that had been flowing through her mind, but she said nothing, letting Ralla speak.

She seemed convinced that Hanna was okay, and Desi hoped she was right. The past months had been difficult without her mother, since they had been close. Desi had not had to compete with siblings after all, it had been only she and Hanna. Desi nodded agreement; her mother was strong, and it would take more than some average occurrence to defeat the ebony wolfess. Her nod turned more emphatic as Ralla asked if she was joining.

I had planned on it, yes, although I am not sure of where my path lies. The only thing I am good at is dancing, although I have discovered some small affinity for armed fighting through my dancing maneuvers. I think I shall choose Ayastigi, she answered Ralla's first query.

Regarding the two wolves, two in particular match those descriptions. A large grey wolf with piercing eyes... accompanied... me in my endeavor to get alcohol to trade. And Strelein von Rosnete, answered some of my questions about my dad. Apparently he had met me before, when I was very small. Oh, and Barrington is over that way. She turned south and west, in the general direction of the town, then, leaning forward as though a few inches difference would help, peered off into the distance. Ralla, is that mom?

Within a few minutes, having nudged Galilahi, her faithful steed, into a canter, Hanna pulled up alongside Ralla and Desi and dismounted, wrapping her daughter into a silent, squishing bear hug which was happily returned by the younger. The older woman buried her face into her daughter's shoulder, then held her at arms' length. Oh, Desi. You're quite the young lady now, aren't you? Can you forgive me for being foolish?

With a smile so wide it threatened to crack her jaw, Desi nodded, hugged her mother nearly as tightly as she'd been hugged herself, and then withdrew, one arm around her mom's waist. Ralla, I'm guessing by her return that Mama's joining, too? The upwards inflection was accompanied by a look to Hanna, who stepped forward, arms open, to hug Ralla (though not as tightly as she had Desi). After a few moments had passed, Hanna stepped back as well, and nodded. Yes. It's time for me to come home for good. And I'm embracing my first love, that of medicine; may I join as Kunikoti?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread