Familiar ground in foreign soil
[html]

Hi there! Unfortunately, Liliana broke her PC, so I'm taking over this thread so it moves as fast as possible Smile
Word Count: 339

The walking stick sunk through the path sometimes. It was much too pointed for the softened ground, mushy with the melted snow and flooded river. Mersey lagoon had proved a real challenge just days ago, but Dawali refused to let that stop him. Now that he was up and walking again, he impatiently returned to old habits and old patrol routes, despite the pile of duties that waited for his attention. He just liked to walk. Well, limp, perhaps. But the walking stick was adorned with little beads and feathers, and the rustling of those as he took every step was like music to his ears, despite his need for its support. He did not feel frail, because he was not frail. He was as strong as he had ever been, or so he liked to think.

He'd heard the howl and, curious, he drew nearer. He expected a newcomer and had picked up Liliana's scent before he reached them. It was not difficult to guess what the situation was about, and as he approached he observed the posture of his Master friend, and the greeting the two exchanged. Certainty jolted through his brain as he caught some of the words of the stranger as he finally reached hearing range. "...request the opportunity to join your pack if you so choose to accept me." Well then! Time for Dawali to shine once again. Lord knew Liliana had served her pack well during his illness. It would feel refreshing to take part again. "Greetings." he quite rudely interrupted before Liliana could say a word. He nodded at her and smiled, however, glancing very briefly at her stomach with a spark in his eye. "I am the Chief in this tribe." The red wolf male gave his usual semi-bow. The stranger appeared perfectly respectful. "So, you wish to join us. Tell me, what skills do you possess, with which you can repay us for a home in our village?" The male smiled politely at her, gentle-voiced as always. Still, there was an unmistakable air of authority about him.

<style>
.dawaligohomeooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.dawaligohome p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.dawaligohome b {color:#8C6434; letter-spacing:1px;}
.dawaligohome {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#A18651; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:465px;}
.dawaligohomeinner{background-color:#FFDA8F; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... alitab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 110px 0px; border:1px solid #261E0E; width:437px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread