You can't survive on just crabapples
Tayui watched silently as the wolf kicked a few items her way from a bag she had not previously noticed. He said nothing at first, and instead calmly watched as items tumbled from his bag. The first thing Tayui noticed was a book, which was then followed by less-interesting items, including a bottle of wine and a necklace. She remembered how Haku had found her a beautiful necklace in the bijouterie. She no longer had that necklace. She no longer had her black opal necklace from her childhood, either. She had no need for such items, so she didn't bother examining them too closely.

The wolf then knelt down and procured a few other items from the bag: more shiny objets she was not interested in. She found herself drawn to the book, Art of War, but was more interested in his other comment. Weapons: that must mean he was a warrior.

Tayui returned his smile, but didn't like the cockiness of his smirk, so she quickly frowned.

"I'll take the Art of War and your skills," she replied. "You're a warrior, I take it? I'll trade my knowledge for your own knowledge: a book and a favour. I may need to have a warrior owe me a favour," she explained.

Messages In This Thread