You can't survive on just crabapples
When she finally chose her payment, the male could not help but feel suspicious of her intentions. He had nothing against teaching another wolf self defense, or how to wield a blade, but his 'skills' were another issue. Deciding to go with her assumption on his trade, Drizzt nodded, uncrossing his arms and dropping the anatomy book to the ground near his pack. Raising the Art of War book, the prince also raised his free hand, closing all except his index finger. ”I have… One condition.” He said calmly, hesitating slightly as his posture became more submissive. “The… skills I possess… They are not that of your normal warrior. I must request that whatever the favor is, it not relate to the hunting down an butchering of another for personal gain. Other than that, I'm fairly flexible in my abilities.”

The male handed the book over and stood patiently, waiting for her response. He hoped she would consider his condition… He did not want to be dragged back into the life of a mindless assassin. Not after having traveled so far. If he ever hunted another canine, it would be of his own discretion, Lloth be damned.

Messages In This Thread