You can't survive on just crabapples
He quietly repeated her own words back to her while Tayui listened. Yes, he might not understand, but she was not asking for a favour based on his understanding of the situation. Honestly, she wasn’t even sure if she would want anyone dead when she found them. She knew she said it now, but what about later? But she didn’t want him to know that. Now that he had committed to the ultimate price, she would hold him to it should the time ever come.

He nodded and affirmed their deal and Tayui smiled quietly in return. He introduced himself and Tayui wondered if she should do the same. No, it would be safer if he didn’t know her name. He already had her scent and her appearance, but there were many white wolves out there. Now, she had the scent of Anathema and Inferni thick on her fur, so he could always find her in Anathema, but at least very few members would know who to look for if he didn’t have a name.

“Pleasure, Drizzt,” she replied calmly, trying to stymie her heart from leaping out of her chest. “I will let you know who they are once I know. I haven’t found them yet,” she continued. “And as for the reason, well, that’s the reason you may not understand.” She then waved a paw, as if flicking away the conversation like it were a fly. “Now for my part. What do you want to know?”

Messages In This Thread