You can't survive on just crabapples
WC: 636

Tayui felt relief flood through her body when the conversation shifted to the real topic: information. As he questioned her, Tayui realized she had demanded a very high price for this information. She had no right to demand this of him. But he had agreed to it and Tayui would offer him what he wanted to know, while keeping the guilt of this theft close to her heart. If he ever needed more information the next time they met, she figured that would be a fair way to make up this trade. If she could trade more information without him realizing what she was trying to do, then perhaps they would be even.

“Hmm,” Tayui replied with a frown. She tried to organize the questions in her head, pushing the first two into a category of ‘pack inquiries,’ the second into ‘geographical inquiries,’ and the third into ‘personal inquiries.’ With that done, she set out to tackle the first.

“I haven’t met any Russians like you in some time. There were some Russians, pirates once, about four years ago on the northeastern shore. They formed a group called Syemv, eventually became a pack, and later merged with another to form Aremys. Since then, I haven’t met any Russians, but you’d be best to keep asking around. It can be hard to find wolves in these parts.” The lands of ‘Souls and Bleeding Souls had a tendency of swallowing folks up.

“As for packs, there are quite a few around here. You’ve got Anathema on the mountain, Inferni to the southwest of here along The Waste, as well as a few others a day’s hike south. Phoenix Valley is immediately south, led by Jefferson Soul. Then there’s Dahlia de Mai to the southwest, past the city of Halifax. Cour des Miracles is even farther south, as well as Crimson Dreams and AniWaya, which is the furthest away.

“Inferni is made up mostly of coyotes and they don’t trust too easily, if at all. Their borders are marked by wolf skulls, so you should steer clear of there. They don’t like anyone getting too close – they’re pretty traditional; protective of their borders. The same goes for Anathema. They’re pretty suspicious of outsiders, so I’d tread carefully if you’re heading northeast.

“The other packs are all pretty normal. Not unfriendly, but not necessarily friendly either. Phoenix Valley’s probably the other one to be careful about. Jefferson’s a decent leader, but he doesn’t waste time, so you’d best not step out of line.

“Crimson Dreams is pretty family-based, so you’d be careful not to come off as threatening if you wander down south. Cour des Miracles is probably the most open, since they’re a pack of all sorts of canines, so I’d suspect they’re less suspicious of outsiders.

“AniWaya is a traditional native pack with a lot of customs and rites. They’re fair and gentle and are pretty friendly with the neighbouring packs from what I know. But Inferni doesn’t get along with anyone really; they went to war with Dahlia de Mai twice and Anathema and Inferni recently got into some trouble. An Inferni coyote trespassed onto Anathema and was killed, so there’s some bad blood there.

“As for a good view, you could hike up Halcyon Mountain and found a tall peak. It’s the mountain range just north – just over your shoulder,” she explained as she threw a quick glance over her own.

Now that she was done, she couldn’t believe she’d said all that. Just organizing it in her head and then saying it out loud was tough, so she hoped it all made sense. Knowing she knew this much about the nearby packs was a bit of a shock but also pretty interesting. She wondered if he had discovered anything about the packs in his travels.

Messages In This Thread