[M] haruspex
[html]

BURNING THEIR LIES
Table & Coding © Hickey; I fail and made you wait too though you know my issues of what has been happening; 514 words

BURNING MY DREAMS

The shove had been unexpected and ended up toppling him to the ground. He looked pitifully up at the female from his spot on the ground and whined. He wasn't used to being treating with such outright violence. His parents had only ignored him but never touched him. He wasn't really certain how to react to it or what to think about it. When his stupor broke his entire countenance seemed to crumble. He tugged his knees up to his chest and hugged them there, having placed his head pitifully on top of them. He continued to whine still as it was quite visible that he was upset. He hadn't ever encountered someone who had ever acted so abrasively towards him.

The blood had not been meant to be wasted, he would never do such a thing, but the leaders were supposed to have drunk it. It was the only way that it worked. You had to consume the life for it to enhance your own. He had been trying to give the most precious gift that he could think of. It simply hadn't gone quite as he had planned. After all he had suckled away what traces had gotten onto his fingers. He could never dream of wasting something so precious.

Slowly he lifted his head as she questioned him. A look akin to hopefulness flickered through his eyes and across his face. "Hungry." The boy admitted as he shifted his legs out of the way so that he could rub at his stomach. More like it was that he was thirsty. He didn't care about the meat for she could keep all that for herself. He only cared about the renewed scent of blood that wafted through the air as she shifted about the organs once more. The male with the childlike mannerisms whined again before he shifted his weight to settle on his hands and knees so that he could crawl over to the female, not bothering to change forms. Now that he had this form he didn't wish to be without it.

He made to try and sniff at the bucket that the organs were being dumped into before he angled his head to the side in order to try and peer up at Tlantli. "I help?" It was a small offering but of course there were ulterior motives behind them. He thought that he could at least get his hands soaked then later he could clean away the blood from them. He was simply determined to find some way to get at that blood. Not to mention that his own flesh had to be pierced and caused to bleed so that his marking could be gained. So there was really no way that she could get of him that quickly, not when she still had a job to do. So she would still have to put up with him for a little while yet as he underwent the cultural practice. And no doubt that he would want to help clean up after that process was over with as well.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread