Build me up
WC: 531 Sorry if my grammar is off, I was tired ^_^

Once Saxif and Pripyat successfully set down the ridiculously heavy wall she looked up at him. He seemed in better spirits and even had the slightest of a possible smile. She smiled her soft grin as he caught himself in that moment. She knew he was trying to avoid her, it was quite apparent by how he would put his back to her often. She decided she would stay silent and hope he would warm up to her company eventually. As her father always told her in her teachings, “win your people by playing their comforts, then you can start to introduce change.”

Silence had dragged on as the sun reached higher in the sky. Their pile of decent wood was fairly small compared to the large one of ruined or aged wood. The remnants of the old barn were now a mere border of thick stone and what was left of the boards. Her thoughts had been surrounding the foundation. They would build it nearby but how would they start. She made her mission to figure this plan out later. She finally decided to break the silence. Do you have any ideas on the foundation? She looked up at the wolf who seemed just as exhausted as she was. Her golden fur was slightly dishevelled from the labour of the morning. We just need something to keep it off the ground so it won’t rot and fall over within the year. Is my understanding. I had seen it happen to my cousin’s house. Her mate had built her their first den, he thought it was glorious because in the spring the area sprouted flowers but my uncle had kept trying to tell him he did it incorrectly. After a thunderstorm in the late summer a year after it was built the wind ripped the weak logs from the ground. They had to stay with my family for the winter because he was injured protecting his pups, he was making a detailed plan when I left... I wish I paid more attention but I remember my uncle telling him make sure the wood does not touch the ground. She mimicked her favourite uncle’s stern voice and furrowed brow. She waved her finger at Pripyat like she was her uncle.

She realized she had gone on like someone who had just erupted words after a very long silence. She laughed both from embarrassment and in thoughts of her uncle’s actions. She hoped Pripyat had ideas she wasn’t sure if her own were correct. She hoped they could find stone to haul to the site and set them in a sturdy border. She had seen it before but had not taken interest to inspect it. She threw a board and looked over the wreckage. They seemed about half way through the day’s duty but still had so much to do. She looked up at the sun that seemed to scorch them even with the cool breeze. You hungry? I’m hungry. She smiled at Pripyat hoping they could rest a while, she wasn’t use to this kind of work. Sure she tested her body to its limits often but this was something else entirely.

Messages In This Thread