Build me up
[html]

wc 422

Saxif accepted the rabbit not as warmly as Pripyat would have expected. During his short absence the girl seemed to have grown pensive and withdrawn, Pripyat wondered if something had happened but refrained from asking. The girl's thoughts seemed elsewhere, which was just as well for the boy who wasn't in a very sociable mood. He wasn't much for conversation, especially when it didn't come easy and natural and it hadn't seemed to be easy all day. Rarely did words seemed to come easily to him anymore, and when they did he often thought better of speaking them and swallowed them down, forming the many lumps that seemed ever present in his throat. Since the girl seemed to be in her own world, he was happy enough to focus on his own rabbit and leave Saxif to her's.

So how is life in Phoenix Valley? The words came like the first wave crashing against a previously peaceful beach. It startled him, having been lured into silent consumption of his meal. Sitting up straighter, sky eyes turned to the girl, sighing heavily as he resigned to answering the question. "Like life in any other pack I suppose." And he was content with that, it seemed a fine enough answer to him. Biting down and tearing dried flesh from bone, he chewed, eyes boring into the girl hoping that she was satisfied and he wouldn't have to speak with her anymore. Yet he knew this wasn't going to fly, not for the rest of lunch, not for the rest of the day, not for however long this girl was going to be his partner. It wasn't fair to her, and what's more this wasn't how his mother would wish for him to act toward Saxif, or any being for that matter.

Breathing in and out, trying to muster up something more meaningful Pripyat allowed his thoughts to be vocalized, uncensored. "My father is the leader here. My mother was the subleader, but she's gone now." Even the most simple explanation of Phoenix Valley brought him to the subject he wanted to avoid, and so he hurried on. "All our members work together like a family, much like Aniwaya does I suppose. Perhaps that's why we are allies." He didn't know much about the tribal pack, perhaps this was why she asked about the Valley. She didn't know. The question seemed normal enough, and so he asked it. Hoping she would take the conversation the way it was suppose to go. "What is Aniwaya like?"

<style type="text/css">
.seadock-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.seadock b {font-weight:bold; color:#476d6d; letter-spacing:1px}
.seadock p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.seadock {margin:0 auto; background-color:#89a49e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... pbyfae.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 130px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#314a4b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #191941; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread