Build me up
WC: 451

Forever, she wondered. You haven’t been far beyond your borders? Don’t you find it a bit suffocating? I know I had. She still pondered on the word forever. I felt the same for a while, but one day I just said no more and ran. I ran blindly for almost a month before I came here. Her head lowered slightly. As for forever, I’m not sure. So long as I feel at home and get to do what I love I’ll be happy. But its hard to say what the future will bring. She smiles warmly. Right now I love it enough to say yes I could see myself there forever. Silence sets upon them as they finish their meals. As they stand she lets out another few sentences before returning to their duty and silence.

You should travel. At least see the lands between the packs. They are filled with amazing sights just as gorgeous as your homeland. Everyday I found something new and still am. The smile seemingly plastered on her face at times returned, a habit the daughter of an Alpha was suppose to bear one constantly when addressing others. Her sister had hated the idea, the sour look on her face had in private always made Saxif roll her eyes. She knew leadership wasn’t for her sister, she more or less preferred just having the wolves do things for her. Saxif had been excited to lead, but she would never now what it was like to be Alpha. The smile habit she had not liked it much but it was futile to beat it and besides it made others more at comfort. Except this one she noticed. In a way it seemed to unease him, like being happy was a crime. She had seen two smiles upon his face in just the morning. She hoped maybe by the end of this build she would have him laughing.

Back to work. She sighed lightly. Hard labor was turning out to be quite the menial task, she felt her muscles burn in places they had not burned before. She kept her positive nature though and figured these new muscles will only help her become a more nimble hunter. She stretched her claws high above her head and twisted her body from side to side. Once she had felt loose and ready to get back at it she strode over to the wreckage and began her work. Picking up boards to inspect their worth and tossing them in the appropriate pile. Only to do it again over and over until there were no more. She was happy though her thoughts were less focused on the past and more toward the future.

Messages In This Thread