Teardrops of the Moon
[html]

Sorry about the wait, I had tonsillitis, and my muse went pft.

The woman nodded, accepting the information from Desi, and then looked at Hanna. She asked for Hanna's help, and Desi looked at her mother as the woman looked up at Mizu. A brief moment passed, only deep breathing filling it, and then Hanna nodded. Would be my pleasure. Then with the characteristic trait of healers, she turned her attention back to the patient, letting Mizu speak while she continued coaching Ralla's breathing and mentally keeping a count of how long it had been since the previous contraction. When the time neared, Hanna interjected, but only slightly.

With your next contraction, dear, bear down with it. Should be in about three, two, one... push! Desi just sat back and watched, ready to move to help if it was needed, like if Mizu needed her to take and clean a pup, but mostly staying back out of the way so that if the two healers needed to, they could move about Ralla without stepping on her.

She could see the puppy's head as well, beginning to crown, and she wondered if she had been that small once. She knew, of course, logic dictated that she had been, but how was it possible? One thing was firmly planted in her mind though, as she sat and watched the beautiful event unfolding in front of her, her eyes wide with wonder (since she had never witnessed a birth prior to now): She wanted puppies of her own. Even if the thought of birthing them scared her, she wanted babies to hold.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread