Delicate Work
[html]

OOC: I actually don't mind powerplay, aslong as I can maneuver my character I'm fine. Smile. / WC: 637

Deirdre smiled and wagged her tail softly behind her; she took a moment when Slade stopped to glance behind her. “From what I can tell, it is an herbal book.” She looked back in the direction they were heading. “However some of the words have faded away,” but even with speaking this she beamed with glee and trotted forward. “It’s still readable, and the drawings printed into the book are actually less faded then the actual words.”

She bounded forward a quick step and then glanced behind her to Slade, “the den I’m using now is passed these few trees, it’s in…” she cut herself off not finishing her sentence for reasons so simple. He would soon come to see where she had been living, why tell him what he would soon see. She smiled and bounded forward, fast as her feet could take her. She bounded over fallen tree stumps; glided across the debris of the forest with simple ease that it seemed she barely touched the earth.

In moments, she broke through into a clearing wrapped around be trees of the forest. It was a small clearing, big enough to hold three adult wolves; she smiled as she came to a stop. She did not bother to look behind her where Slade would surely be; instead, her grey orbs studied her surroundings. There were many tall trees that surrounded the small clearing, all led to the forest. However, there was one lone tree that differed from the rest. This tree rested within the clearing, its roots bordered between the forest and the clearing.

The she wolf trotted softly toward this lone tree sticking out from the rest of the endless sea. She smiled as she lifted her gaze up into the branches, and then lowered them to gaze into the deep hollowed area indented at the bass of the giant. The hollow with in the trunk was created by the up lifting of the tree’s roots that reached out as tentacles searching for something above the soil. It was a spacious hole, it was tall enough that Deirdre did not have to bow her head so low to avoid hitting herself, and it had plenty of room that two adult canines could move around without feeling crowded.

She smiled and glanced softly toward Slade, “in here.” She told him as she stepped into her den. She went to a corner where another hole, again created by the shifting of the tree’s roots, was located. She took a moment to glance in Slade’s direction before lowering her body and gently sticking her muzzle into the small hole. With careful calculated motions she pulled out the book she had found.

Again she took a moment to look in Slade’s direction, only this time she looked passed him and toward the graying sky. “Luckily this hollow tree will keep us dry if it does decide to rain.” She grinned at Slade and then looked back at her finding.

“Anyway, this is the book.” She pushed the book softly with her nose so that the cover would open; however, once the cover opened it simply closed again. Without any weight to hold the cover open, the book stayed shut. She smiled, and studied the cover. The image on the front was damaged greatly; however, small little details could be seen. For one who gazed upon it would notice the image of plants and a set of tools used to grind the plants into either paste of powder.

“Don’t know why someone would bury it,” she smiled. “My theory is that it wasn’t buried on purpose, but that its original owner was in a hurry, probably dropped it and forgot about it.” She chuckled softly, “I bet nature did the burring herself.” She then glanced up at Slade. “Neat, huh?”

<style type="text/css">
.whiterose-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.whiterose-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#A2CD5A; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.whiterose-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.whiterose-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/i ... able-2.jpg); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9ACD32; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread