I feel it there beyond those trees.
[html]

Take as long as you want, Noelle. I do the same thing all the time.
WC: 397

Fantastic, Slade, just fantastic. You've scared her. If he had been physically capable he would have bitten his lip; instead, his tongue made a good replacement. Despite the wolfess's friendly greeting, he could sense that she was afraid from the way she had suddenly stiffened. In addition, the rodent Tux placed itself between the wolf and the coyote.

With a somewhat annoyed sigh, Slade stepped out to reveal himself, bringing along some twigs and leaves that had gotten caught in his fur. "Hi," he introduced, trying to sound as friendly as possible. They weren't anywhere near a pack's territory, so he had no right to look her in the eye--even if he could--but he didn't want to act extremely submissive either. Though the wolf carried no visible weapons and would likely make a lousy fighter thanks to her dress, Slade had learned that he should never be completely trusting of a wolf he happened to meet in the middle of the forest.

Realizing that the wolf might have felt the same way, Slade tried to keep his suspicion and slight fear out of his own body language, and instead decided to get a better look at her, ignoring the rodent that was foolishly trying to "protect" its owner--did it happen to realize that Slade could easily snatch it up in one bite and go on his merry way with a dead rodent in his jaws?

She was a tall, mostly cream-colored wolf with light blue eyes, with her defining feature being her reddish-brown hair; Slade had never seen that color on any canine, body fur or otherwise. The coyote supposed she was pretty, though she would have looked a lot better if she wasn't wearing that ridiculous pink piece of fabric. Really, if she had been younger, he would think that she was simply begging for a cannibalistic canine to come charging out of the woods and attack her. On that topic, she did seem to be rather young--while Slade wasn't good with Luperci proportions, he knew the smell of a younger canine when he picked it up. Yet again Slade was faced with looking up to a wolf who was younger than him.

Despite the female's extravagant looks, Slade supposed he had seen weirder, and his attention kept flicking to Tux. Was this a bad time to get hungry and give in to his natural instinct?

<style type="text/css">
.coyoteflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#008080; letter-spacing:1px; }
.coyoteflower .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#333333; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.coyoteflower p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coyoteflower {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/i ... -1-2-1.jpg); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#787878; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread