the haunting grounds [J]
[html]

Archiving after this so it's at least complete Tongue

"Oh?" This intrigued the white woman, having another Gata Hineyu to add to the ranks. It also meant another wolf to teach, but she doubted that a wolfess from the Great Tribe needed much tutelage beyond the individual twists that the branch tribe had. And even then she doubted that Chitsa would need prompting of any sort. "I'm glad to hear it. I look forward to working with you, Chitsa." From there they fell into another short silence, punctuated only by Nootau's wings flapping and the thump of their footsteps. Ralla took no offense for a multitude of reasons, one of them being that she, too, had once been new to the tribe, and had actually not wanted to share much of her past. Back then, it had hurt too much...

Ralla's own ears turned when she heard Chitsa clear her throat; at the very least, it seemed as if exhaustion was not claiming her just yet. "He is well. He suffered a broken leg during a snowstorm we had in late winter, but he is recovering nicely; nothing to worry about. I will say, though, that he leads us quite well. For as long as I've been here, we have had no quarrels with the other clans or any sort of strife, save for the snowstorm. But he is no Great Spirit; no one can master nature." It was all true; AniWaya was as peaceful as could be, proven so as they went about the village, where everyone was dutifully at work either inside or out, seen or unseen. The Great Fire roared as they approached, sending its blessed heat, and Ralla could almost feel its tug to the other woman, like a greeting to a familiar friend. They were then upon the Town Hall, where Ralla stepped to the side of the door and gave Chitsa one last kind smile. "Chief Dawali is in here, and I'm sure he'll be glad to see you again." From there she only waited for Chitsa to enter, so as to at the very least complete her duty of seeing her inside and then letting Chief Dawali handle the rest. Once she had bypassed the door's threshold, she went back along to her business, which would, of course, be the fire now since she was close enough. Nootau flew down and alighted upon Ralla's arm, quirking his head in an inquiring gesture. "She's with Chief Dawali now, and we'll see her later. We can worry then." She said this because it was obvious that the woman was sad, and Nootau--being a spirit guide--was far more empathetic to emotions than other creatures, and had thusly conveyed the sorrow to Ralla as something for concern. But it was not Ralla's place to pry; it was strictly a family member. The fire, on the other hand, was awaiting her attentions, which would soon consume the rest of her day.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread