Because he grants me a dream
[html]

Word Count » 394
-eyeroll- I shouldn't. But I am.

the world shudders as the worm gets its wings

The rabbit dangled from her jaw haphazardly, its limp and lifeless body stained red. Months ago, Eris could not have hoped to bring down prey even so harmless and helpless as a rabbit, and now, she was a hunter. Certainly, the coyote hybrid was not so proficient with this skill as her teacher, her master, her leader, but she was getting better, and she could provide for herself, if necessity demanded such a thing. The green-eyed hybrid meandered across the territory slowly, considering where she might eat.

Salsola had staked itself only a small claim, and The Auxiliary was glad for this. Anathema's territory was vast, and not only did it spread horizontally across the earth, but vertically, as well, in those immense and deep caves they called their home. Salsola's territory had its secrets as well, to be certain, but they did not require a large parcel of land. They were a small pack, and the smallness of their territory would lend to easy defense, should they ever require such a thing. The hybrid held no love in her for their easternmost neighbors, and she did not put it past the coyotes to draw blood, given the proper situation.

For now, however, the woman did not fear their neighbors. No Infernian scouts had made their way uncomfortably close to Salsola, and so the hybrid was content to wait for their action, as she had planned. There was no thirst for vegeance within the woman -- she was not a creature driven and fed by revenge, as her mother. Eris was content to play at her own games in her own demesne, ruling alongside Sirius as was meant to be. A familiar scent caught in her nose, past the thick scent of coppery blood and death, and the hybrid hesitated but a moment before altering her course to seek out Pan.

He was big now, bigger than she thought possible. That he had been a small and weak thing pulled from her body was nearly incomprehensible to The Auxiliary, and she looked on him with a strange and fierce fondness in her burning eyes of chartreuse, dropping the rabbit. “Pan,” she said -- her voice was warmer and sweeter than it would be in speaking to anyone else. “Eat with me?” she asked, nudging the corpse of the rabbit forward with a downstretched muzzle.

<style>
.eris-road2hell {font-family: 'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.eris-road2hell .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/97bll.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.eris-road2hell .ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.eris-road2hell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.eris-road2hell .tagline {font-family:'IM Fell French Canon', 'times new roman', times, serif; font-size:22px; padding:15px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.eris-road2hell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.eris-road2hell .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.eris-road2hell .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:0 5px; float:left; font-size:60px;font-family: 'IM Fell French Canon', 'times new roman', times, serif;}
.eris-road2hell b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.eris-road2hell u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread