mourning in the warning.
[html]

Word Count » 511
GOD WOMAN I HAVE NEVER HATED ANYTHING MORE IN MY LIFE YOU MUST CHANGE IT ALL RIGHT NOW OR I WILL SLAY YOUR FACEEEE

the world shudders as the worm gets its wings

Having traveled so long with no company other than the scant wanderer -- some of whom were so lacking in courtesy, their only response to her greetings and attempts at conversation were grunts and growls -- the sable-shaded coyote had relished those warm spots where she might find a bit of extra food and a warm companion. Few in the Holt compound had been particularly warm, however -- most had regarded her with stony suspicion. The children and younger ones, however, did not seem to possess the same paranoia of outsiders that had seemed to haunt their elders, and Eris had associated with them more closely than their parents.

One had lingered longer than the rest, enthralled with the tales the sable hybrid spun. Her chartreuse yellow eyes regarded him, trying to determine -- no, it couldn't be. Could it? Recognition bloomed slowly across her coal face, and though she could not remember him or what he'd said to her in return too well, she did remember quite vividly telling them of Eterne and all the other places she had seen over her lifetime. She hadn't been too specific on where she was headed, but here he was, all the same. Granted, over a year had passed since the hybrid had arrived in 'Souls, and Jeremiah might have been a youth of six or seven months when she'd seen him last.

“No, I remember you,” she said, tilting her head just so and giving him a smile. There was warmth in it yet, but calculations churned behind that yellow-green gaze. The Holts were a hardy type of canine, entirely self-sufficient despite their numbers in their isolated patch of the woodlands. They were survivors, she thought, and this youth would be of much the same stock. “Itzcitla lives, though he found this winter no more pleasant than the last. We're in quite a good spot,” she added, grinning a broad smile that took no heed of the nosedive Jeremiah's life had seemed to take since they'd last taken. Eris was not particularly boastful, but she was proud of Salsola, and she could not help but add in such cryptic comments.

“So, why did you seek me out?” she inquired, seeming passive and quite nearly uninterested, looking down at her hands and inspecting her claws for flecks of dirt. She was not aware that she had such an influence on the youth's life as to drive him out of his comfortable home and all the way northward. Was he infatuated with her? The coal woman stole a glance at him, and thought not. He did not give her those eyes, the glazed-over and utterly childish gaze that sometimes fell over the faces of men. He had stated it was a long story; she did not think it was her to cause his departure from the Holt clan. Still -- it might very well be, and she would be interested to hear any story that presented herself as a centerpiece. Chartreuse eyes blinked at him patiently, a faint grin still present on her lips.

<style>
.eris-worms {font-family: 'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.eris-worms .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/97bll.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.eris-worms .ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.eris-worms .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.eris-worms .tagline {font-family:'IM Fell French Canon', 'times new roman', times, serif; font-size:22px; padding:15px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.eris-worms p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.eris-worms .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.eris-worms .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:0 5px; float:left; font-size:60px;font-family: 'IM Fell French Canon', 'times new roman', times, serif;}
.eris-worms b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.eris-worms u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread