mourning in the warning.
:| =shoves a dime up Sie's nose=

[html]
To Jeremiah, the short silence which followed his narration was incredibly tense, though it probably did not register so with Eris. The slight widening of her captivating eyes did not escape his notice, and he waited, breath held, for what he thought would likely be a harsh rebuke. She would make a disgusted sound deep in her throat, not unlike the one his mother uttered when he finally revealed his sin to her. "And thee, a Holt Shepherd! Jeremiah Ezekial, how could'st thee? Know'st thou not the weight of thy progeny?" The dark female would turn from him, cast him away, amazed that he would think her so likely to accept such an abomination.

But she did not, and the shepherd felt his world sway a little. He wished he hadn't been so eager to turn Black loose; he very much would have liked to steady himself on the sturdy weight of his dark mount. His warm eyes widened just a little, and his jaw dropped just a little more. To consider the Word wrong! For the Shepherds took their doctrine directly from the Holy Book, and did not the Book say that for a man to lay with another man was an abomination before the Lord? He had not thought that Eris would pronounce the Word faulty, only that she may be a little inclined to overlook his downfall.

The female had sugarcoated her statement for his benefit, though Jeremiah did not realize this, and took it for what it was. It is not love which mattereth, he said quietly, but with whom one desireth to lay. It seemed that this strain of the conversation had taken a turn, though, for Eris looked thoughtful. He allowed that her murmured statement was correct enough, though he did not speak at this point, for he could tell she was thinking aloud more than anything else. And then -- she did. She did! It was so much more than for what he had hoped, and despite those matters which laid heavily upon him, he could not resist a smile. Eris, I... thank thee. If thy thinkest I may have a place within thy community, I would gladly serve thee to the best of mine abilities. The dog had a lot to sort out within himself, but perhaps he could begin to do so in a place where he was accepted.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread