mourning in the warning.
AGH I CANNOT SLEEP WHHYYYY =cries=

[html]
Jeremiah could not say that he didn't have reservations about taking shelter with one who so blithely disregarded the word of God. To see such glib dismissal of the beliefs he'd been taught his entire life shook him to the core; the Holt doctrine wasn't simply an idea, a belief to him, it was a way of life. God's word was never questioned in the Holt society. There was never any doubt as to whether it was wrong or right; it just was. When his attraction to males had asserted itself so strongly, when it couldn't be denied, it had never occurred to him that the doctrine may be wrong. He'd simply assumed that he was wrong, that there was some fundamental flaw within himself. He could not make how he felt come to terms with what he knew to be truth, and therefore his feelings were wrong.

But, what if...? What if the Holts had been wrong? If the Holts were wrong, did it mean that the Word was wrong? God forgive him for thinking such a thing! The canine just could not accept it. It was easier to accept that he was damned. Perhaps then it was only right for him to take quarter amongst those who, like himself, were damned. Jeremiah saw much Bible study and prayer in his immediate future. For now, he would go with what his gut told him was best; for all her worldliness, Eris had shown him a much kinder turn than his kin had.

To show pride in my faults, he said quietly, I do not think I could do. However, if thy kin will accept such faults, I should see no reason to keep them secret. The shepherd nodded his head as Eris described her clan. It did sound very familiar. To my judgement, it would'st be better to be of servile rank and accepted than for one's existence to be utterly ignored. And whilst I may not be the best example of my people-- he gave a sardonic grin-- I can assure thee that I know of keeping family secrets.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread