Why Should I Care?
[html]

And I have to be careful

OOC: Drifter Bay, morning, Optime form

IC:

Ash was still nervous about arriving at a new pack. It was probably bad to be leaving the territory so soon after being accepted, but he consoled himself by staying nearby at least. Drifter Bay, not that he knew it was called that, was just across the pond from Dahlia de Mai. He figured he couldn't get in too much trouble for visiting. At least, he hoped. He didn't know how the rules worked yet. That probably would have been a good thing to figure out before leaving. Ashbrooke tried not to focus on it too much.

He was enjoying the beach. His pants were rolled up high on his calves to avoid getting wet as he peered into the tidal pools in the rocks. The beach was scattered with rocky formations coming down from the cliffs. In some of these formations there were shallow pools of water, filled with seaweed, anemones, and all sorts of strange critters. Ash was immediately drawn to them, even putting up with the jagged barnacles digging into his paws as he stood and peered in.

Everything was going well until he tried dipping his toes in the water. Why on god's earth he had done it, he didn't know. There were probably all sorts of terrible diseases one could get from sticking their toes in tidal pools. What did he know? As soon as his flesh hit the water, he felt something scuttle beneath him. He didn't know what horrible, nasty thing he had just touched, but it definitely moved. Ash let out a shriek and backpedaled to escape. Unfortunately the rocky surface was uneven and he ended up tripping on the rock.

But hey, maybe lying on his back on the cold sand wasn't so bad. Well, apart from looking like an idiot and being covered in sand.

You're a bubble in my hands

[/html]

Messages In This Thread