M - running up that road
He’d had this conversation before. Not with Talitha, and perhaps with a drunk, but he had told them before that work was rest enough for him. He hated their notion of rest should be; it made him itchy and uncomfortable. He had to be moving, lest he die from boredom. For Hybrid, there was no such thing as ‘taking a day off’ because if he had it his way, every day would be a beautiful vacation full of teeth and claws. He didn’t need these social rules to dictate how he should behave, and he didn’t need some high or drunk (or both?) girl telling them to him.

Hybrid twisted his features into another unsatisfied grimace in reply and glanced away for a moment, seeking an escape route. He did not want to partake in any of her games and he did not want to have to explain himself to her. He hated when he had to reason why he did things to other members. They were always so damn nosy; he just wanted to live as he knew was right for him.

Of course, when she spouted off another line of nonsense, Hybrid knew it was time to leave.

“Yeah, sure,” he replied. “I should go. Let you get back to getting to know me better on your own,” he explained. He took two steps away and glanced back at her over his shoulder. “You should… I don’t know.” He shook his head and then turned to move. “Just… stop,” he started, then added: “stop fucking yourself over, Talitha.”

Messages In This Thread