M - running up that road
WC: 307. Aww Hybrid is professing his [verb] for her dad. He is so weird. Soon we will get there! Maybe one more post from you! He is wavering.

He did not care for her petty arguments. This was all so stupid and he didn’t know why he was still here arguing with her when he didn’t want to do this – her – anyway. He didn’t want any part in this, so he didn’t need to stay here and listen to this shit. With a growl, Hybrid moved to turn away, just as Talitha began to cackle about his morals. Of course he had morals! He was principled and just and he followed them so strictly that he swore off anything that would cause him to stray from his path. He knew who he was and what he needed to do: he forsook anything that stole his sobriety to always be prepared: for constant vigilance. He took his pleasure in the forms of more battles, taking his men after he won them. He was guided, so very strongly, by his principles that without them, he would become nothing. And being nothing was the worst fate of which he could ever think.

“This is all about morality, Talitha,” he growled. “I follow my principles. I do not stray and I do not waver. Even if I did this for you, it would change who I am and I can’t do that. Gabriel deserves more than his daughter…” he paused.

“I couldn’t do that to Gabriel, not when I–”

Stop. He wouldn’t say it. He knew how he felt about Gabriel. Hybrid did not entertain such silly notions of love, but he knew what he felt for Gabriel was different. He wanted nothing more than to be with Gabriel.

He couldn’t do that to Gabriel, even if the Aquila would never feel the same way for him. He could not break his principles.

“You could give me something, but it wouldn’t be enough. All I want is Gabriel.”

Messages In This Thread