Goodbye, my almost lover...
Anyone may join. Very early morning (sunrise) at Shawchert's old hut location. Sky is in Optime form. Note: If you're one of the boys who wanted a thing with Sky until Shaw gets back, now's your chance. xD

[html]

Whatever had been going through her head when she'd decided to visit Shawchert's old homestead must've been completely delusional to have sounded like a good idea. Whatever the reason was, she couldn't remember it now as she looked upon the reckage that had once been a personal home to Shawchert Menue. My almost lover. Not a lot had happened yet, today, before the sun had risen. She'd sat there on her bed, staring blindly at the unread note for almost an hour, debating wether or not to open it and read it finally. She decided not to. Instead, she'd taken Casper out to the yard to sit and relax in the early-morning warmth. She'd taken the liberty of exploring some left-alone areas of the territories, in case of sneaky loners.

Somehow, she'd convinced herself that someone might like to stay there, at Shaw's old shack site. Somehow, she'd become delusional. Rather than leaving, she stood there like the had with the note, staring, thinking. Remembering. A blank expression was worn as she stared at the old support beams and rotting wood, the reck left over from the snowstorm's violent disassembly. When what felt like an hour passed, as the darkness gained a hint of lighter blue, Sky finally snapped out of it. She moved forward numbly and sat down on what had once been a part of the front deck.

And then, she sang. Your fingerstips across my skin, the pine trees swaying in the wind... images... As she sand, she rocked softly, eyes watering up and fists clenching. You sang me Spanish Lullabies, the sweetest sadness in your eyes... Clever trick.

Well I'd never want to see you unhappy,

I thought you'd want the same for me...!

She paused very breifly, eyes narrowing into a blind glare, staring at nothing but suddenly earning a bitter edge in that gaze. Goodbye, my Almost Lover... Goodbye, my hopeless dream...! I'm trying not to think about you. Can't you just let me be?

So long, my Luckless Romance,

My back is turned on you...!

Should've known you'd bring me heartache.

Almost Lovers always do.

Her eyes drifted shut, her voice gaining back some of its strength. The rest of the same came in bouts of about the same emotions, spite, regret, sadness and mourning. She felt her walls crumbling down more and more with every word she sang, eventually leading to tears rolling down her cheeks, her voice sharp with the threat of crying.

(The lyrics between the above and below portions of the song...)
(Click here for a lyrics video of the song.)

I cannot go to the ocean

I cannot try the streets at night

I cannot wake up in the morning

Without you on my mind

So you're gone and i'm haunted

And i bet you are just fine

Did i make it that easy to walk

Right in and out of my life?

Goodbye my almost lover

Goodbye my hopeless dream

I'm trying not to think about you

Why can't you just let me be?

So long my luckless romance

My back is turned on you

Should've known you'd bring me heartache

Almost lovers always do

And as her sad song ended, so did her strength. Sky, despite all of her strength and stubborn willpower, lost her cool and started to cry. She didn't even blame him. She blamed herself for letting it happen, for letting herself fall in love all over again. She should've learned her lesson the first time with Revoldo, but no. She fell for the leader of the pack, the moronic, self-loathing girl. How could she have been so stupid?

WC
<style>
.zero-daffodil p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-daffodil b {color:#ebed9a; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.zero-daffodil {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#e5e5e5; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#838786; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/otras ... ffodil.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 110px 0px; border:none; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread