Warmth of the soul
[html]

446 words/You can jump the first two paragrapghs if you wish. XD

The last days had passed uneventful for the chestnut female. Except, of course, for the ghost companion that followed her wherever she went. Since Luna had discovered her necklace (which was tied around her neck) the spectre, or Kali, how she prefered to be called, had never left her side. She was usually silent, but Luna could feel her there, beside her. The woman was no expert on the subject of ghosts, but Kali had told her that materializing required energy, and that it was specially complicated for her.

A couple of days after their first encounter, the woman had returned to ethereal eclipse once again. The forest gave her peace and a sense of security, and Kali seemed to like it as well. There were several streams where she could relax and swim (for some reason, Kali didn't like to be near the water). And she was no longer alone. Sometimes she would hold an entire conversation with her, talking about stuff like their likes, their dislikes, favourite things...

The dark faced woman walked through a small clear between the neverending mass of trees, her companion right behind her. Hers statchel was full of two new kinds of plants. The barberries, which she knew where excellent anti-inflamatories, and some delicious blueberries, which's juice had stained the tip of her muzzle. The stain was barely visible, unless one examined it very closely.

A few minutes before she had smelled the vague scent of a pack, and, out of curiosity, she decided to approach. Her nose absorbed the characteristic fresh air that came with the dusk, delighted with every texture that her hand reached, mixed with the smell of the few blueberries that she had just swallowed. Kali was invisible, though, Luna could feel her close by, wondering where would they go this time.

"Calm down Kali, i told you that i just wanted to see the packlands, that's all." "I know, and i'm curious too. But...what would they say if somebody catches you talking to me?" The ghost made a pause. "You know, you are the only one who can hear me."

Luna rolled her eyes. "Then it is their problem. Besides, i don't think that we will find someone. At this time everybody must be in the common den...or wherever the pack sleeps." Luna looked down. To talk about her solitude wasn't very confortable. So she changed the topic towards something less unconfortable.

Luna and kali kept on with their one-sided conversation until the smell of the packlands became stronger. At this point, Luna's steps became slower. Her eyes twitched in all directions, expectant. Who knows, maybe she would come face-to-face with somebody.

table by lin
<style>
.sabinoedlunaooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.sabinoedlunacred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.sabinoedluna p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sabinoedluna b {color:#AEAD76; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #26240C; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.sabinoedluna {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#26240C; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:399px;}
.sabinoedlunainner{background-color:#736B33; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... unatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #3E3B13; width:399px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread