Anyone out there?
[html]

“It is a pleasure to meet you Rook,” Savina stated. Rook slowly glanced up from the ground, meeting her eyes for a moment when she offered her full name and informed him that he had come to the right place. “Likewise,” he replied. He was quick to observe how both Barrett and Savina had picked up on his mentioning the word “family.” The curiosity and other related thoughts – like how large the pack was or whether or not she was the only leader around – were brushed away however when she asked him the one question he had been anticipating to hear.

Rook’s brain cells scrambled to piece together the proper sentences. “Well, ma’am, I…” he began quietly, his ears swiveling forward before laying back down as he looked from Barrett to Savina. Think, think, think. “Plants,” he nearly blurted after a few seconds. He hurriedly cleared his throat, “Err… I mean, well, I have some knowledge with plants… trees… herbs? Their medical value, culinary use, or toxicity… My uncle was a self-proclaimed botanist. But, I’m more than ready to learn about anything though, m-miss.”

For one reason or another, he wished he had double-checked the abandoned den site he once called home, just in case any of his family’s books or journals were left behind. “I-I can read a bit,” he added. “Lend me a guide or a-a book or show me how to do something twice and I’ll do whatever it takes to… to pull my own weight.” He wanted to mention that he was great at collecting and cataloguing items, but he figured it would have made him seem somewhat simple. He wanted to at least convey to the two pack members that he was not desperate but, rather, willing to do anything just to belong somewhere. “I can promise you won’t be disappointed.”

<style type="text/css">
.Rk-plain b {font-weight:bold; color:#669900; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Rk-plain .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Rk-plain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Rk-plain {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFF; background-image:url(https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-UL7C ... -plain.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 10px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread