Here I Am; This Is Me
[html]

*Ralla spews coffee at the last sentence* o.o

Chuckling, Ralla pet Ayasha comfortingly on her head. "Maybe. But you'll do fine; you just have to establish the order," she said as she saw Ahiga demonstrate as much, taking Alaster's muzzle into his mouth in the sign for dominance. It was a normal and encouraged thing for pups to do, since it began the development of their social skills while also jump-starting them on how a pack's ranks were enforced. "And we don't know about you entirely yet, sweetheart. You're still growing, too. You never know." Ralla wouldn't be surprised if the girl shot a foot up in the next month or so. If she didn't, then there was no harm done at all; Ayasha would still be Ayasha.

"Oh? From Phoenix Valley?" At first, when Ralla heard Ayasha say 'like' she assumed it was in a platonic way. She was about to continue and encourage the friendship, but Ayasha beat her to the punch, and had the white mother not already been sitting down, she would've probably fallen flat on her backside. Turning her eyes incredulously to her young daughter, Ralla wasn't upset or angry; just...daunted. From Phoenix Valley? she reiterated in her mind. Where's Nootau when you need him most!? True; where was the spirit guide? Ralla felt that now was probably as good a time as any to give her guidance. Had Kemo been there at that exact moment, she probably would've had to hold him back from going straight to Phoenix Valley right then! Clearing her throat, Ralla thought hard on how to address this. "Well, sweetheart... You're still very young and have a very long time to think about mateship," she managed to get out, stumbling over some words with her usually eloquent tongue. "Umm...." Pausing, she considered Ayasha's age and how she might react to such things as hostility or refusal, and wanted to avoid the crushing of dreams at all possible costs. Sighing, she came up with a personal compromise. "I'll tell you what: If I meet this boy and like him, and if you two still want to do this when you're older, I'll approve. But only if those conditions are met," she said sternly, the images of Shiloh's discovery still fresh in her mind. "If I find any reason that this boy will put you in danger, my answer is no." Granted, Ralla would not purposefully search for a reason to say no, or limit these conditions to just him. Ever since the trespassing of the borders awhile ago--on several occasions, actually--she had grown much more protective of her pups and tribe. Granted, Phoenix Valley was an ally and close brother-pack, so Ralla did not credit much harm to the young affection as dangerous. If anyone couldn't tell, Ralla was a complete newbie at mothering...

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread