remembering how to smile
[html]

{WC: 313} <333

The coyote had only expected his voice to reverberate back, so when a second “Hello!” met his ears, he wildly spun around. His hands flew from his pockets as if he was getting ready to surrender. “OH! Whoa!” he exclaimed, shaking his right hand in some sort of awkward wave after realizing it was probably just one of his new pack mates. “Heh… H-hi there.” An embarrassed smile crept up along his narrow muzzle and his ears flattened accordingly. A short, nervous laugh eventually fluttered from his chest and he lowered his hands slowly.

Placing one hand in his shorts pocket, he gestured towards the caves with the other, “I-I’m not disturbing anything ‘r anybody am I?” He then ran his palm over the wiry tuft atop his head, making strands of fur stick up briefly before gravity laid it back down. His mind had been so engulfed with the wonder of his voice resonating back to him that he had practically forgotten that he could easily be interrupting something or someone now that he was living in a pack again. His mother would have scolded him for that... Respect for others and their space had been one of the first things he had learnt when he was a pup.

It took him a few minutes to get his heartbeat into a much calmer rhythm, but when the tightness in his chest diminished, he took a few deep breaths and cleared his throat quietly. “I’m… I’m Rook,” he proffered. “Just arrived a couple o’ days ago… from New Brunswick or, at least, from a-around there.” He figured giving his name and where he had hailed from would help their fledgling conversation take flight on a good note, maybe even give the impression that he had nothing to hide and wasn’t up to any fishy business. “Whom do I-I have the honor of addressing?”

<style type="text/css">
.Rk-leaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#669900; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Rk-leaf .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Rk-leaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Rk-leaf {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-m9gm ... k-leaf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread