remembering how to smile
[html]

{WC:308}

He watched as Ehno propped himself up against a large boulder, still trying to smile without seeming so problematic about easing up. Ehno was pack after all… Before his hands could start wringing his bag strap, he clasped them together and wagged his tail gently. The wolf told him that there were probably supplies at the Manor and, if not, there was a human city somewhere east where he could pick up things that were not commonly found around the pack territory. “Oh,” he murmured before his voice picked up to a chime-like quality “Okay, sure! That’d be nice.” By the sound of his reply, he hoped to convey that whether he would travel or eagerly await Ehno’s return, either way he was absolutely grateful for the offer.

Ehno tilted his head and Rook did the same. “Write?” he questioned. “O-Oh… no, well… kinda… More so with drawing and observing r-really. My, err, Uncle taught me how to keep a good log or journal of stuff. I… I like to collect and study plant life to… to catalog them for reference. Sometimes bugs, too, but not very often.” He averted his eyes for a moment before glancing back to the wolf, as if he were almost embarrassed to admit the fact. It wasn’t like he was teased or bullied for being literate when he was younger, but he supposed he had looked away out of habit, anticipating to be embarrassed to even a slight degree. Writing, sketching and reading had always been his favorite activities. He just hadn’t met someone who shared the same passion for them yet.

“I love to make lists though,” he sheepishly added. “But maybe one day I’ll write a book of some sort… Not soon… but just one day.” A more abashed smile crept onto his features. “How ‘bout you… do you write?”

<style type="text/css">
.Rk-leaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#669900; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Rk-leaf .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Rk-leaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Rk-leaf {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-m9gm ... k-leaf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread